01 April 2016

The Kid From The Big Apple

The Kid From The Big Apple



When I first saw the trailer, I told myself I got to watch this movie once showing in Malaysia. This movie is a Malaysian family drama about a girl raised in New York, Sarah, who is forced to live with her traditional Chinese grandfather,in Malaysia.But her grandfather do not know how to communicate with his granddaugther, Sarah.

Last week, I went to watch this movie alone. This movie brought a lots of memories to me. I do not have grandfather since I was young. My grandfather was passed away before I was born. So while I watched this movie, I was thinking about my dad and I while I was young. It was a memorable moments between my dad and I.

Every moments that the girl, Sarah talked with her grandfather. I will think back the moments between my dad and I. This movie really make me cried a lots in the cinema. This movie might not touching to everyone of us, but it touched my heart. Besides, it remind us those old times lesson that had been taught by our grandparents and parents too.It also reflects nowadays society that full of technology by the new generation.

The director and her productions team are quite amazing. I like every shots of the movie, is amazing. It make me cried a lots and let me know that eventhough university is full of assignment, but is time to back home to accompany them even just a weekends. 


"G
randpa and grandma are like stars,
not always seen but forever there..."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Emily, for sharing your personal story and how the movie reminds you of your own childhood. I was touched by your stories and I am happy you went to watch the movie alone so you can have the full experience without any disturbance.

    I always find that when you immerse yourself fully in a movie it can transport you to places you never imagined before. I used to watch movies alone a lot when I was single and in the US as a student ~ about 3-4 movies a week because student tickets were so cheap! The experience is unforgettable and can put you in close touch with your own self.

    ReplyDelete